Tuesday, October 7, 2014

When You Can't Do A Full Ritual

So, as part of this being a journey blog, I talk about when you can't do a full ritual. I follow a ritual from The Temple to the Greek Gods and I love it. It's not really that involved, and with the two prayer books that I have, I feel that I'm doing it correctly. Before I got the prayerbook I was having a hard time thinking of a prayer to each of the gods that would be appropriate (I'm still working on the heroes and poets). Having a prayer book to help me has made my ritual flow much smoother.

This morning, I woke up a the ungodsly hour of 4 in the morning. I don't do this all the time, but only when my food Stamps come in. We're struggling and the help really helps us get through the month. Anyway, when I came back I was too tired to do a full ritual. So I took my devotional necklace that I made and I used the simple devotional ritual that was in one of the prayer books that I had gotten. I really felt the need to do this small devotional because I didn't want to go a morning without doing something directed to the gods.

What I have learned from this experience is that we can't do a full ritual all the time. Sometimes things happen and we have to shorten it and do a small one. But doing just that is better than not doing any form of ritual work; or even devotional work. I'm also not the kind of person that makes up excuses to why I can't even do a small prayer to the gods. I've learned a lot by this one time not being able to do a full ritual. Rituals are important, yes, but devotional work is just as important.

It shows are devotion to the gods and doesn't really require anything, except, maybe, a small libation to the gods.

No comments:

Post a Comment