Tuesday, October 14, 2014

The Problems With Libraries

This is going to be a rant, because I feel like ranting. I don't have a ton of money to spend on academic books and so I rely on the Library for all my reading material. What really is ticking me off is that I know that I have the title but it shows that it's not even in the system, then I find it in the system. Either it's not there or it's there! There are several books that I want to get and one of them is Asklepios: Archetypical Image of  the Physician's Evidence. A used copy is $85.00, which I won't be able to get until the season months are over.

Heck I have to be careful of the book that I do have as it's over $100.00, a used copy being $25.00. You know, I don't know where they get this amount from. Because the inside says that it's $30.00. It's official! Amazon.com is trying to get more money out of me. I'm burning mad and I'm not going to take it anymore! Up in MA I didn't have this problem.

They had hundreds of books on Greek myth, expensive books that I could check out. I come to dudsville and nothing. Nothing at all! But they sure as heck got plenty of damn WICCA books. They don't even have a selection of Celtic books written by scholars. But up in MA they did. I really shake my head and really wonder what the heck is going on here. Yes, I understand that they are a Civil War state and all that BS but add more selection and maybe I won't complain.

I don't have a ton of money, poor as heck, and I rely on the free books to understand Greek myth and culture. I can't do this if I'm stuck with having to buy super expensive books. And, yes, I've tried interlibrary loans. They don't have it either.

No comments:

Post a Comment