Sunday, August 24, 2014

Honoring Hecate and Remembering Pompeii

Tonight I'm going to be doing some cleaning of my devotional altar and emptying my jar that has my barley grains in them. Incense burner will be emptied into the trash and then cleaned out. It's also a time to purify the house so that good things will continue coming into the house. Today also has a another meaning to those that practice Hellenic anything. Today is the 1, 935th anniversary of the destruction of Pompeii and Herculaneum.

Thousands of people died because they didn't understand that their mountain brought death. I really feel sorry for them and any other people that suffer at the hands of these mountains of death. But, we have learned a lot from what they have left behind and I'm planning to do a ritual just for them. May they rest in peace after all this time.

Honoring Hecate is the most important thing that I can do during the whole month. She has brought me great joy and luck in my life and I want to repay that. I know that many Hellenists out there don't like her due to what the Wiccans have done, but I don't hold that against her. I think not honoring her is telling her that your no longer good enough to be honored because your now a Wiccan goddess. Below is a good documentry that I've found about the last day of Pompeii.


I hope that you have a good one.



I'm going to post a photo of what I did to honor them.


No comments:

Post a Comment