Monday, August 18, 2014

Book Review: The Library of Greek Mythology by Apollodorus







I wanted to start doing book reviews as I believe that their important so that others can find out if books are good or not. I know that some out there will say 'No one cares about this stuff' but I believe that people do. They can claim that they don't, but they do. And if your new, then book reviews are even more important. I remember when, as a beginner, I had no idea what books were good and what books weren't. So, I talked to someone and they told me what books were good, based on what they had read, and others would agree or disagree with each book that was mentioned.

So here goes.

I want to first of all say that I've read this book before. It's a good book for those that are starting out and Apollodorus was one of the leading authors of his time. He makes everything easy to follow and helps the reader understand each figure in Greek myth. The notes in the back are extensive and long, but makes what you've read make sense. I would recommend anyone to add his book to their library. I give this book five stars and I will be adding it to my own.

I hope this helps and I'll see you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment