Friday, August 22, 2014

Book Review: The Complete World of Greek Mythology







So I’m doing another review of another Greek book that I’ve finished reading. In this book the author, Richard Baxton, shows us the different levels of mythology and how the gods, and heroes, played a part in it. Most of the stuff in this book has been covered in other books but the pictures are absolutely wonderful. I loved how he covered all levels of Greek society, including the must controversial same-sex relationships. He doesn’t hide the truth about these relationships and how important they were in Greek society. He makes a clear distinction between now and then.

We are, of course, introduced to the myth of the gods, the different locations in Greece that were important to them, and how Greek myth shaped not only the Roman but Christian world. I highly recommend this book and I hope that you pick it up and read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment