Friday, August 15, 2014

Being Too Tired to Do Ritual

Today I’m going to cover being too tired to do ritual. One of the things that I was always taught, when I had been in Wicca, is that your suppose to do ritual and it doesn’t matter if you’ve worked hard and are too tired to do it. The only exception to this rule is if your sick. This one woman made this point clear. She was very nasty to anyone that claimed that they were just too tired to do ritual.

In Hellenism this rule doesn’t exist. If your too tired to do ritual, then your too tired to do ritual. You can’t focus on what your doing if your too tired. We, as Hellenic’s, live in a world where we’re always rushing around. We can’t focus on anything other than what our boss is demanding of us.

While it’s nice to think that we aren’t tired when we get back home, the truth is that we are. To me, in Wicca, it feels as though; if you don’t do ritual then your not a Wiccan. That really makes me shake my head. Yesterday I went out with my family to the fair and the whole event wore me out. I was just too tired to do my sacrifices to ‘the heroines’ and, instead, went to bed and slept most of the night.

Tonight is different, as this is Hera’s day to be honored. Personally I’m glad to be no longer bounded to the rule.

Have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment