Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Sacrifices to Kourotrophus, Athena Polias, Aglaurus, Zeus Polieus, Poseidon

So I checked all the posts that I made in the nearly three years that I've had this blog and I noticed that I didn't do a blog post for these festivals. So tonight we will be honoring the Kourotrophus, which I've covered before. It's Hecate and the other two goddess that you see in the triple headed statues that are usually on Wiccan altars. We also honor Poseidon, Aglaurus, who jumped off a cliff, this is the daughter of the mother that had the same name, for not heading the warning of the goddess Athena. Athena Polias, who's temple is known as the Erechtheion. and Zeus Polieus, who was the protector of the city.

Of course his temple hasn't been found.

So we honor them, along with our general offering to Athena, and we pour libation, burn incense, and give offerings. I hope that you all have a good one and may the gods bless you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment