Sunday, May 17, 2015

Sunday's With Apollo (May 17, 2015)

I've decided to blog about my Sunday's with Apollo. I have been doing a Sunday ritual to Apollo for awhile now. Maybe not all the time but I have done them. I have found that spending time with the god Apollo has helped me out in more ways then I can even imagine. I have a prayer candle to him, which I need to get a new one, and I light it, give him his offerings, and pray to him. I also talk to him. I know that some Hellenists might find that odd, but I do talk to him.

I'm feeling very close to the god and I'm finding that spending this time around him has helped me down my own spiritual path. In the past Greeks believe that Apollo heard your question and then answered it through the Pythia. We don't have a Pythia anymore, but I don't believe that he's shut out hearing us. I have found that I don't need to defend my use of prayer around those that will make fun of it. I just have to care about myself and how I act as a Hellenist.

No comments:

Post a Comment