Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Late Post: Libations to Apollo (2015)

Sorry about this being a late post but I was recovering from going food shopping. I have come to the conclusion that I'm not fit to carry five pounds of food in a backpack, on my back, with the addition of six bags of food that didn't fit. I felt like a mule! However I did do my libation to Apollo, which I enjoyed. The God of Music, Poetry, Disease, Prophecy, and brother to Artemis. I went outside and did this libation as it's been warm lately.

I used a ritual that I created and poured libation of grape juice (I don't really care for wine) and burned incense. I'm finding that burning incense outside doesn't bother me at all compared to doing it inside. I also offered red roses to him as well and tore bread off to give to the birds. I really enjoyed doing this libation with the sun shining and it was a very moving experience.

I can see why the Hellenists in Greece love doing rituals outside. Oh and I made sure that I gave libation to Hestia as well. I hope that you all had a good libation and a good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment