Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Book Series that I'm Reading: Olympia Heights: The Pantheon



 So what is this little Hellenist planning on doing this summer? Finally get around to finish the first book in the Olympia Heights series, The Pantheon. I think Baring the Aegis talked about this series, I don't remember, but I really haven't gotten around to finish the book. The first book in the series, which was free, is about a group of High School kids that are the Greek gods.

Even though I haven't done much reading of the book, I'm on page 97, the book sounds a lot better than Percy Jackson. Don't get me wrong, I love the series. But this book is way better. So far the book has proven to be a perfect replacement for my Percy Jackson withdrawal addition and it does have quotes from some of the notable writers like Euripides and many others. One scene was pretty interesting. One of the boys, who I got right away is actually Dionysus, his mother was thrown down a flight of stairs by her bosses wife.

Sounds familiar? That's because it's a different retelling of Hera killing Dionysus mother when she found out that her husband had made love with another mortal. I'm planning on buying the next two books in the series, so I'm expecting a pretty nice summer of reading. I will be doing a full review of the book once I'm done.

No comments:

Post a Comment