Thursday, September 18, 2014

25th Day: For Horkos and the Erinyes

One of the first things that I did was read what the hymns were to each god. One of the things that I noticed was that it was talking about the Fates. That's the first hymn that's given. The Fates were three women which represented the Past, Present, and Future. In later myths they are the daughter of Zeus and Thetis. My belief is that they were sired by Zeus as part of how he wanted the universe to run. The next hymn is to the Furies, which were the three that, according to Greek myth, could drive a person's mad. They punished both the living and the dead.

To me it's strange that the author would chose to honor both the Fates and the Furies. Though, I guess, the author has made a connection that will take me time to understand. I wish you all well and I hope that you have a good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment