Thursday, June 11, 2015

Plynteria (2015)

Tonight, at sundown, we celebrate Plynteria, the washing of the statue of the goddess Athena. This was done away from the city. Her dress was taken off, weighed (oh woe be the one that was nicking from the city) to make sure that it was the same weight as last year, and the temple cleaned. Since we don't have a large temple to Athena (well except for the one in Nashville, and that's cleaned all the time) we clean our own altars to her.

My Athena hasn't come in yet, so I will be waiting until it does so that I can clean her. When I did have an Athena statue I would wash it with water that I purified. Now if I had a spring I would use that, but I don't. I would also clean the room that I used for not only my shrine to Athena but also to the other gods as well. I do hope that you all have a wonderful holiday and may the gods bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment