Friday, March 20, 2015

Hena Kai Nea (March 2015)

So tonight we honor the Goddess Hecate, and according to the book that I bought back in December, Helos. Looking at the honoring of both Hecate and Helos I can sort of see what the author is talking about. Helos is the sun god and I mean the actual sun. He pulls the sun across the sky with skill, unlike his son Phaeton, who was killed by Zeus, and brings us the warmth that allows things to grow and keeps winter away.

I think that honoring Helos, especially since it's the first day of spring, is fitting. Though when I got the book I didn't understand why Hecate and Helos were being honored together. I figure that the group feels that Hecate and Helos are to be placed together. I hope that you all have a good one and have a wonderful first day of spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment