Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Got Around to Getting a Hecate Statue

So two months ago I decided to buy a Hecate statue. I wanted a statue that stood up and didn't require me to put anything behind it. So I found one that had Greek clothes and looked better than the other ones that were out there. Trust me, some of the statues that I've seen are good but one is just beyond horrible. Trust me, you don't want this version of Hecate on your altar.



I still don't understand the need to have some horrible Neo-pagan representation of Hecate on your altar that will make fellow Hellenists wonder what the heck were you thinking. I also bought her (no, not the one that is above) because Hecate is a household goddess and I wanted to have a household goddess on my Hellenic altar. So I chose this one.

 


I will say that this has to be the best representation of Hecate that I've ever found.  I'm glad that I bought this statue and I just love everything about her. From her dress to the hounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment