Sunday, April 19, 2015

Mounichion Begins (2015)

So tonight, at sundown, the Athenian month of Mounichion begins. I was setting around, thinking about the coming month, and I decided that it was time to blog about something that I've been wanting to blog about for sometime. And that is 'how you knew that this was your religion.' I think that this is a question that comes up, a lot, among different people. I don't remember being asked this question but I figure that it's time to stop and consider how I knew that this was my religion.

One religion that seems to be the 'gateway' religion to most is Wicca. Now, unless your feel really drawn to the Greek Gods and want to honor them based on how historians believe they were worshiped, then you usually take the Wicca route. I began my pagan path when I was eleven. I was introduced to the religion when I walked into a New Age store. This was back when they didn't allow children, or teens, in without a parent. They wanted parents to know that they wouldn't allow children, or teens, in and I think that there might of been some reason behind that.

Well we all know how different that is now days.

It took time for me to find out what my religion was going to be. I've tried many different paths since I left Wicca in my mid twenties. I've done Celtic Reconstructionism, Kemetic, Nova Roma (I'm still a member of their group), Norse (I'm no longer involved for certain reasons, including Racism connected to certain groups) and Hellenismos. However I've come to the conclusion that this is my path. I feel like I'm back home. A term that those that find Wicca will use.

However I believe that term is appropriate in this case.

Honoring the gods as separate deities, instead of archetypes, feels so much more smooth. I have come to believe that the concept of archetypes for the gods came from the Romans. I might be wrong, but I look at their history and I just see it. I look forward to continuing my relationship with the gods and to fully understand them.

No comments:

Post a Comment